Sunday, February 7, 2010

Abundance of blessings

It is an amazing thing to see your family blessed so much during a trial. The outpouring of love that has been given to us, well there just aren't words for it. This month has been hard, but it has also been full of small and large gifts that have shown us again and again how much our Heavenly Father loves us and knows of our needs.

Today I am 9 days from my due date. I am big and uncomfortable and tired and more than ready to have this baby. My large stomach has made it hard to do simple things like bend over, tie my shoes, or lean over the sink to wash dishes (ok the last one I don't mind so much because it is more than a good excuse not to do them). That being said one can only imagine how hard it has been to pack up our house, but I've been doing my best. And then this weekend we got a huge jump on our 'to get done' list thanks to some help.

See when you've had the 'privilege' to move as much as Kevin and I have, you also get the opportunity to meet a lot of fantastic people. When we lived in Ogden we had the privilege to meet Kyle and Paige. At that time they had one son, four months Lathen's senior named Hyrum. Since then we have moved a lot and they have moved a lot. They have also added two more sons to their family, Kaden and Quinten. Kaden is around two and Quinten was just born this past December. Well, with all the moving both of our families have done we have both ended up in Texas. Us near Dallas and them near San Antonio. Wednesday I got an email from Paige asking if they could come visit for the weekend. We were thrilled to see them and told them to come on. Well, the said if they came we had to let them work and work they did. The husbands got a lot of the house improvements down, Paige helped me get a lot of the packing down and the kids had a blast! Thank you, again so much Kyle and Paige!

Unlike my usual self, I didn't take a lot of pictures from this weekend but I did get a few. Missing from the pictures I took are Kyle and Kaden, bummer.

Lathen and Hyrum watching a movie:


Kieralee joining the boys:

Kieralee 'helping' Paige take pictures of Quinten:

Lathen and Hyrum:

Kieralee holding baby Quinten:

0 comments: