Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Slob and craft Friday

I have a really hard time doing crafts with the kids. It's like I have a mental block about craft activities. I either feel as though I can't do a craft, I don't have the 'right' materials or the thought of the mess I'll have to clean up scares me away. Well, do you know what homeschool is like for a preschooler and a first grader with no crafts? It's boring. So, I just committed that we would do at least one craft a week. After a few failed weeks of putting it off until tomorrow until it was the weekend and then promising next week I would do one, I made Friday's craft day. I have to do a craft with the kids on Friday's. If I happen to do more during the week great, but they will at least get one craft in each week. Seems silly that it is this hard for me, but it is. The kids are loving it though! Here are two crafts we've done. The first one I got the idea from my fabulous sister-in-law. We made slime or as Kieralee calls is 'slob'.



Then one Friday we made leaf creatures. The kids could make turtles, birds, insects etc. out of leaves they got from the woods. Both kids picked to make a butterfly.


2 comments:

Net said...

Oh, I so understand the blockage on crafts! And I even have every craft supply imaginable! I just fear the mess. Or time. Or something. I don't know.
Glad to see you're overcoming your craft-block. They look super cute!

Jessica said...

It's funny how we develop those little "disabilities" in our parenthood. I have lots of them. Very cute ideas!