Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Strawberry - an epilogue to our Spring day

Today was so beautiful that Kevin got the irresistible urge to play golf. At first I was totally bummed. The thought of him running off to enjoy a day on the golf course while I was home with the kids just wasn't too appealing. Not that I don't love my kids and love being with them, but come on! It was the first really beautiful day and I was going to be doing it solo. To my relief Kevin mentioned taking Lathen with him. Then I couldn't be upset that he was going. How cute is a father-son golf outing?! Kevin left with Lathen, promising Kieralee a daddy-daughter date on another day (he had to appease her before he could leave without her) while Kieralee, Heath and I stayed home. We enjoyed the sun for a bit longer, then I came inside to feed Heath and get him down for a nap. Once he was down I had the grand idea of going for a walk on the farm with my little girl. We walked to get the mail and decided that the neighbor's horse that we had to walk past needed a snack. So we came back to the house cut up an apple and grabbed a few carrots, then headed back down to the feed the horse his snack. Kieralee has affectionately named him Strawberry and she is in love. I can't blame her, I'm a horse girl myself. I love horses. The smell, the feel, the joy they are to ride and pet! I'm defiantly enjoying farm life again!










3 comments:

Kym Williams said...

What sweet photos, Joni! You and Kiera look right at home next to that horse. :D

apesjam said...

What a friendly horse! If I've ever tried to do that they just stand there and stare at me like "are you kidding me?"

darcy said...

TOO Cute and what a cute name-- strawberry. Looks like you guys are doing great!