Each year at Thanksgiving time I try and think about what I am thankful for. I try and stretch myself beyond the obvious things that I can spit out without ever thinking twice i.e. my family. This year my thoughts kept turning to the men in my life that have had profound influences over me. So this year I am thankful for a legacy of Priesthood.
For my Savior. There are no words on this Earth that can express what He means to me and how important He is in my life.
The prophet Joseph Smith. I have a very real and very personal testimony of this man and the great work he set forth in the name of the Savior. 
For my father. The man who helped me grown and mature into the woman I am today. Who worked long hours at a job he didn't like to provide for me. A man who showed me that being a peace-maker is always the better choice. A father who loves me unconditionally.
For my husband. Who also loves me unconditionally. Who works long hours to provide for me and our children. Who encourages me. Who thanks me for being a stay-at-home mom. Who compliments me and always thinks of my feelings. Who never judges me. Who knows me better than I know myself and makes me want to be better than I am.
Thank you.
Monday, December 1, 2008
What I am thankful for...
According to Mommydew at 1:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Joni, I have been trying to look at your blog for so long. It told me it was private and I kept forgetting to tell you to send me an invite. I am so glad I could get in this time. It sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I liked your gratitude list. It reminded me that I need to focus on my blessings a little more too. Thanks for your thoughts.
Post a Comment