My Mom had a few days off from work so she and my Dad decided to take the long weekend and visit us! It was so much fun and I am so grateful they came. They left Friday and got here Saturday morning. (Yes, they drove!) It was perfect timing because I came down with a nasty cold. I can't even begin to explain how great it was to have family here to entertain the kids while I sat on the couch and blew my nose. I sure miss not leaving near them. I can say that a wonderful act of service made me feel so much better about living 1200 miles away from family. Words cannot express how grateful I am for the person who preformed that act, thank you.
So Monday I decided I couldn't take it anymore and decided to sign my life away (or better I had Kevin do it) and get put on the drug watch list so that I could have Sudafed. A few pills later and I was feeling well enough to go to the Dallas World Aquarium with my parents and of course the kids! Although I did have to take my box of tissues with me, it was worth it! We had so much fun!
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |
I feel so blessed that Lathen and Kieralee have such wonderful grandparents, all four of them!


3 comments:
OH, I know how it feels to long for Mama. Glad you got to have yours around when you needed her.
I remember the first time I got sick when I wasn't at home. It was before cell phones and I was too sick to get out of my bed in my dorm room and make it to the phone, so I couldn't even talk to my mom at all.
Glad you're on the mend!
Great pictures. Where is Kevin? Did you leave him at work... that's just mean.
So glad you are feeling better! Mom's really are the greatest, aren't they? Just think, 20 years from now it'll be you saving a sick Kieralee.
Post a Comment