Driving home Thursday from dance class I noticed a small boy, who couldn't have been more than 18 months holding a woman's purse, walking towards the main road. You know a nice four lane road! And although the speed limit is 30 mph, it is a rare thing to find someone obeying said limit. I immediate check to see if there is an adult close by, but I couldn't see one. Then I look at Kevin and ask "Where is that child's mother?!!!!" We pull over and Kevin jumps out. The kids notices Kevin and starts back the way he came (thank goodness he was two steps from the road!). Kevin starts walking towards the boy asking him where his mommy or daddy is...I back the car up the extra lane that doubles as parking on this street and pull into the side road. The boy walks up to a door and Kevin asks him if this is his house...the boy response "house" Then Kevin tells him to knock. He knocks...nothing. I'm starting to think, "Just put the boy in the car we'll take him to the police station." The boy knocks a few more times with his free hand because he is still holding his purple handbag! Finally Kevin walks up to the door and knocks LOUDLY. A few moments later a woman answers the door. She spoke little English and she looked as though she was still trying to put all her close on! Oh. my. gosh! Kevin asks if the boy he hers..she just stares. Then he tells her that he boy was at the road to which she replies "Yes, he ok" NO LADY! He was about to walk into a very busy road, that's NOT ok! She brings the boy inside and shuts the door. I couldn't believe it! Then as we are driving off the door opens and the little boy peeks his head out...seriously?! I mean some strangers just bring your kid back and not two seconds later your already not watching him?!
I have nothing else to say.
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Can't think of a clever title
According to Mommydew at 9:31 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
That's appalling!
Some people!
Scary! I mean don't these people that let their tiny kids wander off watch the news??? Good thing you were there and willing to help.
Oi. that's really scary.
Post a Comment